The Healthy Pool People
PoolWerx was founded in 1990 by John O'Brien. John is an inductee in the Franchise Council of Australia Hall of Fame, the past chair of the Australian, Asia Pacific and World Franchise Councils. He has used his well recognised business excellence skills in igniting the progress and success of PoolWerx.
PoolWerx is now Australasia's largest pool and spa maintenance network, with over 220 territories operating across Australia and New Zealand. The territories comprise of retail stores and mobile vans, backed by intensive franchisor support at local, regional and national levels.
The company's commitment to excellence is evident in its rigorous franchisee selection, thorough franchisee training and support, and its focus on pool health and safety. These efforts have been recognised on numerous occasions in the form of both franchising and industry awards.
PoolWerx is well known for providing top quality service to private residences, but its services dont stop there. PoolWerx also boasts a diverse portfolio of corporate clientele, ranging across six key business areas. These strategic alliances are just that; they are partnerships formed to deliver on defined objectives.
PoolWerx Awards & Recognition
- Multi-Unit Franchise of the Year (PoolWerx Samford) – Franchise Council of Australia 2012
- Q400 Rising Star – QBR 2011
- Fastest Growing Franchises – BRW 2004 - 2012
- Top 9 Return on Investment Franchises – Australian Financial Review 2006 & 2008
- National Franchisor of the Year - Franchise Council of Australia 2002 & 04
- State Franchisee of the Year – Franchise Council of Australia 2000, 01 & 06
- Most Respected Franchise (Service) – Deloittes 2005
- Best State Pool Store - SPASA 2002, 04, 05, 06 & 07
- Best State Pool Technician - SPASA 2004, 05, 06 & 10
The ethos of PoolWerx also reflects CEO John O’Brien’s own career as:
- Franchise Council of Australia Hall of Fame Inductee
- Australian Franchisee of the Year
- Regional Franchisee of the Year
- Franchisor of the Year
- Immediate past Chairman of The Franchise Council of Australia
- Australian Institute of Management - 2010 Owner Manager of the Year
- Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the year - 2010 Finalist
- Ernst & Young - Excellence in Management