Poolwerx was founded in 1992 and is one of the world’s largest pool and spa maintenance networks. Servicing over 350 territories through 130 retail stores and 450 mobile vans. The Poolwerx national support office in the United States is based out of Dallas, TX, where the support team provides services to our franchise partners across 6 states in the Sun Belt region. The USA business is the fastest growing pool and spa aftermarket business in the USA, and currently consists of 28 retail stores and 116 service trucks.
We don’t stop with servicing your pool or selling you chemicals, we are on hand to advise and support you to ensure you have a healthy pool that you or your clients can enjoy. After all a pool is an investment and deserves our utmost attention.
And when we say the best we believe that we are! We have a commitment to excellence for our clients, our franchise partners, our suppliers and our industry and our multiple awards suggest that we are on track!
Poolwerx Awards & Recognition
- Franchisor of the Year - 2016
- Multi-Unit Franchise of the Year (Poolwerx Samford 2012, Poolwerx Mt Gravatt 2013) – Franchise Council of Australia
- Q400 Rising Star – QBR 2011
- Fastest Growing Franchises – BRW 2004 - 2012
- Top 9 Return on Investment Franchises – Australian Financial Review 2006 & 2008
- National Franchisor of the Year - Franchise Council of Australia 2002 & 04
- State Franchisee of the Year – Franchise Council of Australia 2000, 01 & 06
- Most Respected Franchise (Service) – Deloittes 2005
- Best State Pool Store - SPASA 2002, 04, 05, 06 & 07
- Best State Pool Technician - SPASA 2004, 05, 06 & 10
The ethos of Poolwerx also reflects CEO John O’Brien’s own career as:
- Franchise Council of Australia Hall of Fame Inductee
- Australian Franchisee of the Year
- Regional Franchisee of the Year
- Franchisor of the Year
- Past Chairman of the Franchise Council of Australia
- Australian Institute of Management - 2010 Owner Manager of the Year
- Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year - 2010 Finalist
- Ernst & Young - Excellence in Management