Your privacy is very important to us and PoolWerx will always act to protect your information. PoolWerx takes this responsibility seriously and is very careful about how and when your personal information is collected, used and shared. This statement tells you in general terms what our commitment is, why we need to collect personal information, who we may share that information with (outside of PoolWerx) and how you may access personal information that we keep.
PoolWerx's Privacy Commitment
We will always make sure that we handle your personal information securely and carefully and will only use your personal information when it is necessary for us to deliver you a service or perform other necessary business functions and activities
- PoolWerx will not use your information for purposes unrelated to the services we provide, unless we first obtain your consent
- Wherever possible PoolWerx will give you the option of interacting anonymously with us provided it is practicable and lawful to do so
- In most circumstances we will collect personal information directly from you
- We will always use fair and lawful means of collecting personal information
- We will not collect personal information in an unreasonably intrusive way
- We will take reasonable steps to ensure your personal information is accurate, complete and up to date
- We will take reasonable steps to protect your personal information from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification and disclosure
- We will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify personal information if it is no longer needed for any purpose for which the information may be used or disclosed.
Why we collect information
We collect information for a number of reasons including:
- Delivery of products or services to you
- Completing other transactions with you or on your behalf
- Improvement of our service
- Protection against fraud or theft
- Providing offers that are of greater interest or benefit to you
How we collect this information
We collect information in a number of ways including:
- When you register your details with us to receive our periodic newsletter or give us the information
- When you order goods or services, particularly when those products are delivered
- When you open an account with us
- When you shop in our stores and use your Credit Card
- Sometimes, we may add to your personal additional information from external sources. This is mainly done to verify the accuracy of the information we have and, again, to personalise and improve our service
Who we share your information with
PoolWerx does not intend selling your personal information to other parties. However, we will often need to pass personal details such as your name and address to companies who perform parts of our service delivery. This includes organisations such as equipment manufacturers for warranty purposes, delivery companies, external (non-PoolWerx) mail houses and third party fulfilment contractors. In these circumstances, PoolWerx will ensure that these third parties undertake to protect your privacy.
If you would like to access your personal information, write to our Client Service Department at PO Box 1260, Milton Qld 4064 or call them toll free on 1800 009 000. We prefer to receive written requests as in many cases this assists us to verify your identity.
If you do not wish to be contacted by PoolWerx (about marketing, special offers or other contacts), please call our Privacy Officer on 1800 009 000.
PoolWerx and PoolWerx Corporation Pty Ltd and their franchisees - Privacy Policies and Practices