The Retail Associate will provide consistent quality service in the retail environment, and to realize the profitability potential of the business by developing and maintaining a base of satisfied clients.
- Greets and interacts with clients.
- Consults with clients to understand their needs and preferences related to products and services
- Demonstrates and explains products and services, selecting and suggesting options suitable for the client’s needs.
- Answers client’s questions about products and services.
- Assists clients with purchase decisions.
- Retrieves merchandise from sales floor, stock room, or other inventory locations; places special orders.
- Collects payment using the store point of sale system.
- Processes returns and exchanges.
- To ensure consistent client satisfaction, resulting in repeat business and referrals & client confidence
- Maintain high presentation standards in, uniforms, stationery, promotion literature, and store presentation.
- Maintain a clean retail environment, including merchandise displays and adhering to OSHA policies & procedures.
- Participate in stock management activities
- Provide accurate technical and sales services, including water testing and chemical equipment solutions.
- Implement the local area marketing, sales and promotional programs including telemarketing lapsed clients
- Promote Poolwerx home services by maximizing opportunities to get pool side
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Attend all training sessions and team meetings.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent active listening skills
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent sales skills.
- Ability to anticipate customer’s needs and recommend products and solutions
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Ability to work various hours including weekends and some holidays
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Previous retail experience preferred
- Ability to spend up to 100% of working time standing, walking, and moving around the Store
- Ability to regularly bend at the waist, squat, kneel, climb, carry, reach, and stoop
- Ability to regularly push, pull and lift more than 50 pounds
- Ability to use janitorial equipment, rolling racks, ladders and other assigned supplies