The Service Technician will provide professional and technical services to clients in accordance with Poolwerx and industry standards ensuring consistent client satisfaction, resulting in repeat business and referrals.
- Provide a reliable, efficient, and professional service to clients and client follow up.
- Troubleshoot and repair pool equipment such as pumps, heaters, sanitizers and filters.
- Perform all needed repairs and/or installations professionally and safely, in line with manufacturer recommendations and all applicable codes
- Load vehicle with standard and out of ordinary stock. Ensure all stock removed from warehouse is accurately recorded and maintain stock register and required tools to undertake services
- Record all materials and products used on site for invoicing purposes.
- Identify poolside opportunities for upselling/sales opportunities
- Maintain accurate and current technical information and skills.
- Maintain high presentation standards in, vehicle, uniforms and stationery
- Maintain a clean and safe vehicle environment, including vehicle presentation adhering to OSHA policies & procedures.
- Maintain and service the motor vehicle and pool care equipment.
- Attend all training sessions, staff meetings and activities as requested to remain up to date on all innovations in the business so that the service provided is always “best practice”.
- Maintain positive, honest, open, and effective communications, relationships and morale at all levels in the business.
- Perform other duties as required by manager
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Sales and marketing awareness and skills.
- Basic level calculation skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent organizational skills including time management
- Computer skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills ability.
- Ability to work various hours including weekends and some holidays
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Current Driver’s License
- Certified Pool Operator (CPO) or Pool Professional and Spa Operator (PPSO) certification preferred
- Contractor License preferred
- Ability to spend up to 100% of working time standing, walking, and moving around
- Ability to regularly bend at the waist, squat, kneel, climb, carry, reach, and stoop
- Ability to regularly push, pull and lift more than 100 pounds
- Ability to use janitorial equipment, rolling racks, ladders and other assigned supplies